Snoring is an affliction that most people suffer from at one time or another. There are lots of simple solutions that are worth giving a try to cure the snoring. Here are some treatments for snoring that generally do not cost a lot and are easy to use as well:
- Nasal strips are a nasal breathing aid designed to make it easier to breathe through your nose. They simply tape to your nose.
- Nasal decongestants will clear the nose so that you can breathe easier.
- Anti-snoring pills are designed to reduce congestion of the nasal passage and clear it of mucous secretions to make it easier to breathe. They are taken each night before bedtime.
- Nasal sprays are used to lubricate the muscles of the throat so that they tighten and become less congested making breathing easier.
- A device that can be worn on the wrist that gives you a small pulse to make you change position when you snore is called a biofeedback meter.
- Hypnosis has been known to cure snoring through the subconscious mind.
- Olbas oil is an inhalant that is used as a decongestant which can work to make breathing easier so there is less snoring.
- A stop snoring mouthpiece device that positions your lower jaw forward which increases the opening of your airway.
- Changing your sleep posture from the back onto the side. There are a number of devices available to help with this or something as simple as a pillow can help.
Some other easy snoring home remedies for the partner of the snorer to use include:
- Ear plugs can be worn by the partner of the person who snores to cut down on the noise level.
- White noise generators or sound machines can be used to stifle the sound of the snoring and create another sound that obliterates it.