For Men Only
How Snoring Affects Your Health
and What You Can Do About It
Did you know that 40 percent of men snore? That means almost one out of every two male adults suffers from snoring. By comparison, only 24 percent of adult women snore.
While most people tend to view it as little more than an annoyance, snoring robs you of the precious sleep you need to stay healthy. We’ll explain how it works.
Snoring and Lack of Sleep
A good night’s sleep consists of different stages of sleep, each necessary to rest and refresh your body’s functions. Snoring interferes with this natural cycle and prevents you from enjoying sound, healthy sleep. Many research studies have shown a direct link between ongoing poor sleep and a series of health risks.
Because men snore more than women, they’re more likely to get the illnesses and medical conditions resulting from lack of quality sleep. Perhaps that’s why their wives tend to outlive them?
Why Men Snore
When you sleep, your throat muscles relax and narrow the airway between your nose and mouth. When air travels over the narrower airway, it vibrates the soft tissues and the harsh sounds of snoring occur.
For men who are overweight, fat tends to gather around the head and neck whereas women tend to gain weight in their hips and thighs. This excess weight around a man’s throat can block the airway even more during sleep. For that reason, overweight males are more likely to snore.
Restful Sleep and Good Health
Did you know a man can live longer without food than without sleep? This fact shows how important snoring is to your well-being.
Sleep is a vital function which helps a man’s mental and physical health, ability to think clearly, sexual drive, safety and length of life. Babies require as much as 17 hours of sleep per day while adults generally require 7 to 9 hours.
You may view sleep as a time of rest for the body, but that isn’t the case. As you sleep, your body is working behind the scenes to flush toxins from your brain, repair your heart and blood vessels, strengthen your immune system and balance your male hormones. It’s not surprising, then, to discover that consistent, high-quality sleep can provide a range of benefits to your overall well-being. If your wife or girlfriend is concerned about the effects of snoring on your health, she has good reason.
Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Snoring can be a sign of sleep apnea, a serious medical condition in which the snorer temporarily stops breathing during sleep. The signs of sleep apnea include loud snoring, pauses in breathing (as observed by another) and waking suddenly with shortness of breath. There are other symptoms, too. If you or your wife or girlfriend suspect you may have sleep apnea, consult your doctor as soon as possible for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Side Effects of Too Little Sleep
When you lack sufficient sleep due to snoring, your health is at risk in the following ways:1. Colds and Flus: Too little sleep weakens your immune system, making you more likely to get colds, flu, infections and other illness. Plus, once a bug does hit, your recovery time could well be longer.
2. Aches and Pains: We tend to think of fatigue as simple tiredness, but chronic fatigue from a lack of sleep causes headaches, muscles aches, joint pain and other physical problems.
3. Heart Attacks and Strokes: Medical research has revealed a direct link between poor sleep and an increased chance of heart attacks and strokes, regardless of your age, weight and smoking.
4. Weight Gain and Diabetes: Studies confirm that people who get less sleep than they should are more likely to be overweight and obese, putting them at greater risk of getting type 2 diabetes.
5. Decreased Sex Drive: Medical research shows insufficient sleep lowers testosterone which reduces a man’s sex drive. Additionally, inadequate rest has been linked to impotence.
6. Stress and Anxiety: Sleeplessness was once considered the result of stress. Recent medical research shows the reverse to be true. Stress is the result of chronic lack of sleep.
7. Romantic Breakups: Snoring can ruin an otherwise happy relationship with your wife or girlfriend. Studies show that when a man lacks good relationships with romantic partners, and even friends or family, he is at greater risk of an early death. The reason is these enjoyable connections to other human beings reduce harmful levels of stress which cause health problems.
8. Impaired Thinking: Poor sleep interferes with one’s thought processes including an ability to learn, make proper decisions and focus attention. When a man cannot think clearly, he can make mistakes, incorrect decisions and fail to remember information. These conditions can harm his professional and personal life.
9. Depression: Doctors have discovered ongoing lack of sleep can lead to depression and that once an individual’s sleep difficulties are solved, the depression lifts.
10. Accidents: Insufficient rest dulls the senses and lengthens reaction time, which can cause traffic accidents and on-the-job injuries.
Reduce Your Snoring Rapidly with VitalSleep Anti-snoring Mouthpiece
VitalSleep is a customizable and adjustable mouthpiece that holds your lower jaw forward to keep your airway open and quiet snoring.
By helping to keep your airway clear, you'll enjoy increased airflow and quiet breathing as you sleep.
VitalSleep anti-snoring mouthpiece has helped hundreds of thousands of ex-snorers regain the ability to sleep through the night—night after night:
- Fast and effective: VitalSleep prevents snoring quickly in just one night.
- Adjustable for comfort: Includes the patented Accu-Adjust System for maximum comfort and effectiveness. Molds to the shape of your mouth for a perfect fit.
- Safe, FDA-cleared: FDA-cleared, BPA- and latex-free, VitalSleep is made from FDA-approved, nontoxic, medical-grade components for the ultimate in quality and safety.
- No risk, money-back guarantee: Use VitalSleep for 60 nights and if you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money with no questions asked.
- Free replacements for a year: Comes with an unconditional, one-year warranty.
VitalSleep will relieve your snoring so you—and your wife or girlfriend—can enjoy deep, peaceful sleep and a happier, healthier life.
Order VitalSleep Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece Now
Reclaim a good night’s sleep and better health—order VitalSleep anti-snoring mouthpiece with free shipping now.