A cure for snoring sounds wonderful especially to those who suffer from it or sleep with a partner who does. There are many reputed answers that are supposed to cure snoring but do they really work? It’s worthwhile to examine each to see if it will benefit you.
Here are some remedies that are helpful to many:
• A throat spray can be used to lubricate the soft tissues of the throat and lessen the noisy vibrations and allowing the air to move more freely inside the throat. There are also some homeopathic sprays available that accomplish the same thing.
• Plastic devices or nasal strips are often used to cause nasal dilation that allows clearance of the airways to prevent congestion thereby increasing air flow. This also enhances breathing through the nose instead of the mouth thereby reducing snoring.
• Stiffening of the palate by having laser surgery or having chemical injections can lessen snoring because the soft tissue can’t move around as freely thus reducing snoring.
• Use of a CPAP or Continuous Positive Airways Pressure machine is worn by some to reduce snoring and improve your breathing. However this can be an uncomfortable oxygen mask that is worn at night and some have difficulty wearing it.
• Wristbands are sometimes worn that cause a vibration when the person starts snoring thereby awakening them and encouraging them to turn over and is sometimes helpful.
• There are a variety of surgeries that can be performed that include removal of the excess tissue in the throat. There are laser or radio frequency options and there are also surgeries for removal of the tonsils or adenoids. Others are surgeries to the nasal passages for a deviated septum or repair to the tissues. These are obviously more painful and expensive.