There are a number of things you can try but what works for some may not work for others. Some self-treating options include:
- Weight loss
- Try a humidifier
- Reduce alcohol consumption
- Stop smoking
- Change sleeping positions
- Use a mouthpiece or other non-prescription solution.
- Drink some green tea (it includes an amino acid called Theanine which aids in sleep)
- Try certain vitamins and supplements as mentioned above.
While treating sleep apnea at home may feel like a good idea, it is important that you see a doctor or specialist if none of these options are helping with your sleep apnea.