Treatment For Sleep Apnea Without CPAP
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure is a popular solution for individuals suffering with OSA but it is not the only solution.
Alternative treatments include:
● Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) are adhesive strips with microvalves that fit over your nostrils to create pressure in the airway.
● Nasal Strips that dilate the nostrils are effective ways to reduce the symptoms of sleep apnea, however, they do not treat the disorder.
● Mouthpieces come in a variety of styles and sizes. Mandibular Adjustment
Devices (MADs) will hold your lower jaw forward as you sleep, preventing
snoring. Anti-snoring mouthpieces are proven effective in the treatment of sleep
apnea. Tongue Retaining Devices (TRDs) are a type of mouthpiece that hold the
tongue in a way that it does not slide to the back of the throat and cause snoring.
● Surgery may sometimes be required to remedy OSA.
In addition to devices, lifestyle changes and some exercises have shown to help with treating sleep apnea.
● Lose weight. Obesity is one common factor in those who lose sleep to snoring.
Weight loss can help you stop snoring.
● There are some throat exercises that may help reduce snoring.
● Regular exercise improves health and can also remove fatty tissues around your neck that can reduce snoring.